COVID-19 Statement and Updates
Check back here for operational updates - updated daily.
Last update: 21st April
Latest - most of our UK suppliers are now closed, however we have a large stock holding and most parts are still available - please see individual product pages for stock status.
With current events, we feel it prudent to share our operational plans over the coming weeks / months.
You can continue to order from us as usual - we're not planning any changes that affect operations in either our Southern or Northern offices.
Here are the most important changes that will help us minimise impact over the length of the crisis:
- We've ordered plenty of stock from SAIC MG and other Chinese suppliers further ahead of time than usual to account for delays.
- Our Southern office is based on a site mainly used for storage; if the crisis worsens, we'll move to working at night to reduce the risk of transmission from others on site although contact is already minimal.
- Our Northern office is home-based, so mitigation needed is minimal; all trips between offices are on hold.
- Postage rates within the UK have been halved (Standard Delivery) and all orders over £50 now enjoy free UK postage.
- We're carrying around 50% more stock than we normally would carry; we're bursting at the seams to make sure we have the parts you need, when you need them.
- Collections from our Southampton warehouse must be arranged in advance (email@example.com / 02380 001133) and must be pre-paid as handover of parts will be contactless.
We're taking steps to bring additional courier partners on board - this means that if any individual delivery companies have staffing issues we'll be able to switch seamlessly to another provider to avoid delays.
There's also no need to worry about possible transmission via parcels - the virus can only live for very short periods of time outside of the human body; postage times will far exceed this.
We'd like to take this opportunity to wish all of our customers the very best; our thoughts are with you all at this troubling time.
As usual, please get in touch with us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), telephone (02380 001133) or Facebook (Discount MG Rover Spares).
Please bear in mind the operational changes above mean we won't always be able to get to the 'phone in time - leave a voicemail with your details and we'll get back to you.