Mk2 25/45/ZR/ZS/TF BCU/SCU Relay Repair Kit - Pektron
If your Mk2 (04 onwards) Rover 25 / 45 or MG ZR / ZS / TF is suffering with the failure of the following, you probably have a failed BCU/SCU relay:
- Front or rear foglights not working, or stuck on
- Horn not working, or stuck on
- Front or rear windscreen washer jets not working, or stuck on
- Driver's side electric window not working correctly
- Intermittent windscreen wiper not working correctly
- Superlocking (deadlock) malfunctions
- Central locking either not unlocking or locking (or both)
Removing the BCU unit isn't too difficult, but does require some dis-assembly. There are various guides on the Internet to help with this, but a quick summary is shown here:
- 25/ZR - Remove the glovebox, and also remove the evaporator housing you'll see behind the glovebox. The BCU is located behind this.
- 45/ZS - Remove the centre console, and also remove the heater controls. You'll see the BCU behind these.
- TF - Remove one centre console side panel (passenger or driver's side) and you'll see the BCU - remove the screw holding the bracket in place, and slide the BCU out.
Soldering new relays into place isn't too difficult, a small standard iron and a decent de-soldering braid will do the job.
We'd recommend changing all of the relays if you can - as the problem has been identified in the past as a corrosion issue, it's likely the other relays in your BCU are affected to a degree.
We Also Recommend
'Sheddist' Replacement Clutch Master and Slave Cylinders - Rover 45 / MG ZS (inc ZS180)
75 / ZT Climate Control ATC Upgrade Kit - MG7 / Roewe 750
75 / ZT Diesel Alternator Regulator / Brush / Slip Ring / Bearing Kits. Fits YLE000260 and YLE102500 - MG Rover